Friday, December 23, 2005

a bonsai, some water paints and a cell phone


Heres how I made this. Firstly I did a sketch of the Bonsai by tracing a shadow it cast onto my bedroom wall. I then painted the tracing using black watercolour paint. Finally, i took a photo of the painting using my cell-phone(which only takes 640x480resolution images) and edited this in photoshop. I used a simple two colour gradient for the background, then duplicated the photo of the painting, setting each layer to overlay - then I used the paint-daubs brush effect to get the final look. Yummy!

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kaela said...

Very cool effects with cell phone.Very impressed.Yeah thet was funy other day when I commented on your pics LOL

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jstar said...

Happy birthday bro, I tried to call yourself a couple of times. Anywho, I hope you had a good one we were all thinking of you.Bumped into dave lastnight and even he remembered it was ya birthday. Love jess & dwane.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kaela said...

Hey bro HAppy New Year.Have tried to get hold of you but I guess your busy.Hope to catch up soon.Arohanui Kaela xxx

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Kaela said...

Hello again.Im still on the search for a whare not as easy as i thought. I spoke with Ren last night told me you were in Ireland.Lucky thing! What an experience.I reakon when you come home you will want to go back again. Everything seems so interesting there and meeting variety people experiencing different cultures.Anyway awesome make the most of it while you can. Yeah sounds like ma pa ren are having a good holiday in Gisy "LOVING IT!" Will catch up soon k :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home