Sunday, April 16, 2006

Vienna Series - Numero Uno

OMFG - How amazing is Vienna! I'm gonna tell you. So far its the most beautiful city I've been to in all my travels(haha sooo many). But seriously, theres such an incredible amount of stunning architecture and sculpture - its really overwhelming. Okay, so pic details. Top left, I thought that this was a great place to break-out the scarf - this pic is taken at the Schoenbrunn, anyone going to Vienna has to check this place out - for me, it was the most beautiful place I visited. I could write all day about it, but instead I'll drop a link on the bottom of this post. Okay, Top Right picture, this of Hundertwasser-KrawinaHaus. Its a very strange and interesting piece of Architeture made by Friedensrich Hundertwasser.When looking at this up close, you've gotta wonder who gave this guy money LOL I was also told that later on in life he moved to our very own New Zealand and created a.....public toilet. check it - - I know...hmm. Okay Bottom Left, This is the City Hall. It looks even more spectacular by night, unfortunately I couldnt manage to hold the cam till for 2secs, so the night shots I took are pretty rank. Last but not least, this is pic was taken in Karlskirche Church. I've a hundert more pics and a lot more to write so I'll end part one here. Biggups to F - my personal tour guide, danke danke danke :-)

A couple of Links
http://www.schoenbrunn.at/en/site/publicdir/#
http://www.pbase.com/philinnz/kawakawa_toilets

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Johnson said...

Quick shout out to the Whanau. I miss all u guys heaps and can't wait to see u all soon. No doubt we will be on the pizzle till the cows come home from the dizzle...wtf am i talking about. Arohanui, xo Maori Boy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home